May 14, 2013

My Style: Denim & Tulle


Today's Look:  is all about contrasting the delicate tulle skirt with the denim shirt.  It was my cousin's college graduation day, and my whole family attended.  Since it was a short ceremony at a community college, the dress code was casual. I still wanted to look well dressed for the occasion, so I definitely wanted to wear a skirt or dress.  I first chose the white floral skirt, then the denim top that tucked neatly underneath.  To match the black waist line on the skirt, I chose to wear my black military boots and opaque tights to finish off the look.  


Outfit Details:  Skirt by Moon Collections at P.J. Chilcottage (Flagstaff, Arizona), Top by Mossimo at Target (Prescott, Arizona), Boots by Steve Madden at nordstrom.com, Tights by Merona at Target, Necklace by BP. at Nordstrom (Scottsdale, Arizona) Purse & Earrings by Betsey Johnson at betseyjohnson.com.  


Fashion Tip:  When buying a denim top try to pick one that is of good quality but also thin.  Thin denim tops are cooler, more flattering, and easier to tuck in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment