October 23, 2013

My Style: Birthday Girl


Today's Look:  celebrates color and fun in honor of my 20th birthday.  For the special occasion, I wanted something cute and edgy while of course involving pink (my favorite color). To start the look off, I chose the comic-book inspired tank top which features an array of colors that really stand out.  Since the tank top has cut-outs in the back and open-arms,  I wore a black cami underneath for coverage.  Next, I chose colorful platform heels that have a whimsical Aztec pattern, including an array of colors that match the tank top.  Trying to create contrast to the bold, bright top and shoes, I chose to go with loose, boyfriend jeans that I rolled up at the ankles.  It took me awhile to find the perfect pair, because often times boyfriend jeans aren't flattering.  So, instead of buying just any boyfriend pants, I chose a brand I like (Rock Revival) and bought a size bigger than I normally would in a low-cut, straight-legged pair. Finishing off the look, I chose a pink clutch, pink crystal stud earrings, an exotic bracelet, and two rings.


Outfit Details:  Shirt and Platform Heels c/o Charlotte Russe , Jeans by Rock Revival at Grand Central Clothing (Tucson, Arizona), Earrings at Sally's Beauty Supply (Prescott, Arizona), Bracelet handmade (Cozumel, Mexico), Crystal Ring from Aeropostale (Tucson, Arizona), Faith Ring from Premiere Designs Jewelry, Wallet from Claire's (Prescott, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  Boyfriend pants paired with strappy stilettos, pointy heels, or platform pumps creates a chic-tomboy look.



Top, jean, shoe, bag, hat, jewelry, and more links found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment