December 5, 2013

My Style: Shine Bright like a Diamond


Today's Look:  celebrates the beauty of color and the fun of sequins.  I wanted something happy, bright, and sparkly since I just got asked to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding.  In town for Thanksgiving, my brother brought with him a special white box with my name painted on it.  To my excitement, I opened the box to find a black top with the wording "Team Bride" on the front and "Bridesmaid Shelly" on the back.  I was so thrilled that I designed the outfit around the shirt.  First, I chose the sequined jacket.  The turquoise in the sequins matched perfectly with the lettering on the shirt.  Next, I chose light blue skinny jeans and black sneaker wedges.  I wanted the sweatshirt and top to be the focus of the outfit, so I wanted to keep it simple.  Finishing off the look, I wore turquoise, crystal studs, a bedazzled "love" ring, and a multicolored band.


Outfit Details:  Limited Edition Sweatshirt by PINK at victoriassecret.com, Top was a gift, Pants from Express (Scottsdale, Arizona), Sneaker Wedges by Steve Madden at stevemadden.com, Earrings at Sally's Beauty Supply (Prescott Arizona), "Love" Ring from Earth Bound Trading Co. (Flagstaff, Arizona), and Multicolored Ring at Dillard's (Prescott, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  Sequins are perfect for the holidays!  They are flirty and festive.  


Photography by Billy Stuckman


Dress like a celebrity and rock sequins this holiday season.  Outfit links found here.


Olivia Palermo                  Rihanna                 Taylor Swift                  Lauren Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment