March 10, 2014

My Style: Sheer Madness


Today's Look: is all about the celebration of springtime.  In northern Arizona, the trees are beginning to blossom and the grass is just starting to turn green.  I couldn't wait to take some photos in front of this large flowering pear tree on my college campus.  But most of all, I couldn't wait to wear my brand new white sandals and sheer geometric-cutout dress.  Always exploring the latest trends, I just had to buy these sandals.  First, the name--they are made by Shellys London.  How could I resist a shoe by that name?  It's just such a great name ;) Second, if you haven't discovered the brand yet, please take a look at their website or look them up at retailers like Nordstrom, Macy's, and Urban Outfitters.  The designs are fresh and fun.  This particular pair is called Shellys London Portneuf.  Next for my dress, I gotta admit that sheer can be a little revealing, but I very much enjoyed rocking this bodycon from Charlotte Russe. It's definitely a great LWD (little white dress) which is a closet essential.  This particular geometric-cutout sheer dress is also sheer in back; I waited to wear it until I found the perfect boyfriend sweater as a modest accessory.  The combination is close to perfection for a casual spring outfit.  Hope you're enjoying the sunnier weather wherever you may be.   Xoxo, Shelly


Outfit Details:  Dress courtesy of Charlotte Russe , Sweater by Express at express.com, Shoes by Shellys London at urbanoutfitters.com, Sunglasses at Black Hound Gallerie (Flagstaff, Arizona), Earring by AĆ©ropostale at AĆ©ropostale, Necklace by Forever 21 at Forever 21, Black Ring at Earthbound Trading Co. (Sedona, Arizona), Sparkly Ring by Silver Luxuries at Kohl's.


Fashion Tip:  Boyfriend sweaters are a girl's best friend on a chilly spring day.  Sometimes they are called "oversized cardigans," so good luck shopping until you find the sweater or cardigan perfect for you.





Celebrities showing some skin in sheer madness:




No comments:

Post a Comment