July 21, 2014

My Style: Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls


Today’s Look:  was photographed in front of an 80 foot waterfall that is part of a nature trail at the luxurious Loew’s Ventanna Canyon Resort in Tucson, Arizona.  Every summer my family and I enjoy staying here and experiencing all that Tucson has to offer.  From delicious food at local restaurants to glamorous scenery and fabulous shopping, it's a trip I always enjoy.  This year was also special because I visited one of my favorite stores that just opened a location in Tucson, Immediate Fashion Company.  I took pictures of the visit and definitely scored some amazing goodies that I can't wait to share!  This crop-top is from Immediate and was the starting piece of today's look.  I love the vibrant sunflower print and cut of the top; so to complement the focal point, I paired the top with a simple black skater skirt and pair of black platform booties. Accessorizing, I chose a thick, gold chain necklace and cut-out metal lace rimmed sunglasses in gold amber. To bring out more of the browns in the sunflowers, I chose a fun phone case in brown with tan polka dots. To top it off, these photos were taken in between monsoon rain showers in 106 degree weather—soooooo I apologize if I look a little wrecked.  Please let me know your secret for fabulous hair during the hot, humid summers or hairstyles that you recommend.  I would love to hear your thoughts :) Xoxo, Shelly


Outfit Details:  Top courtesy of Immediate Fashion Company ❤ | Necklace & Earrings courtesy of Charlotte Russe ❤ | Phone Case courtesy of Clique Boutique ❤ | Skirt by Cemi Ceri from UrbanOG | Shoes by Glaze from Shop Priceless | Sunglasses from Zero UV | Midi Rings & Nails from Claire's | Eye Shaped Ring from Black Hound Gallerie | Gold Bands from Forever 21 


Beauty Tip:  On a humid, hot day, a side braid is the perfect solution to unruly hair.  Also, for monsoon season here in AZ, it's a must!








       


2 comments: