July 25, 2015

My Style: Tucson in July


Tucson in July is beautiful with flowering cacti, monsoon rains, and gorgeous sunsets.  To tour the area at dusk, I wore a distressed denim skirt and a black, cropped graphic tee.   I know some of you might not like the return of denim skirts, but they are on trend for both summer and fall.  Personally, I love them, because I find them so versatile--you can dress them up for a night out or dress them down for a casual day.  Add a fringed backpack, ankle booties, and a floppy hat to a denim skirt outfit, and you've created the perfect boho-western styling.  To complete the accessorizing details, I selected round sunnies, a mixed metal necklace, mixed metal rings, and a copper bracelet.    Hope you like these style ideas and have a fun-filled weekend!  Xoxo, Shelly














 


11 comments:

  1. Perfect:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was hesitant about the comeback of denim skirts, but after seeing so many great outfits styled with them, I couldn't help but want a pair of my own! I haven't found one yet though. Love the shirt!

    Peace & Love // Celestralite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celeste, thank you and I hope you find a perfect denim skirt :)

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  3. I love those sling back ankle boots!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your posts! Thanks for finding me in Tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post that outfit is super cute (especially those shoes and that skirt) thanks for checking out and supporting my blog :)

    Melissa // http://odiamelissa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES to this entire look! I personally love denim minis and am glad to see their return to the fashion world. Digging your backpack, sunnies, and top - so cute!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obsessed with the jean skirt!, The whole outfit looks lovely! x

    www.allthingsfashionandcreativity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, i love denim skirts, and i am so happy they are coming back!

    ReplyDelete