August 7, 2015

All Things Denim


This is an article I wrote as a guest contributor for the Charlotte Russe Blog.  I hope you like it!

O
ne major trend that has been huge this season is the return of 1970s retro!  The trend is predicted to stay strong through this fall with one of the most popular influences being denim.  Here is some inspiration on how to style fit-then-flare bell bottoms and a denim, button-down skirt.

For the first styling with flared jeans, I recommend wearing some type of heel to help elongate the look of your legs for a flattering silhouette.  These comfortable tan booties give just enough height.  I love the high-waisted look of these jeans with a slim-fitting, tie-dyed crop top.  Adding a bohemian statement necklace updates the look along with the booties having a sling-back heel.  Turquoise and silver jewelry was definitely popular in the era and stands out against the earth tones of the tank and hat.







The second outfit shows how wonderful white looks with denim.  A white peasant blouse, t-shirt, or tank top is an excellent complement with any wash of denim.   To wear with this must-have, denim skirt, I selected a ribbed, white crop top, which might have been referred to as a “shrink top” in the ‘70s.  Adding white sneakers, a macramé purse, and delicate jewelry makes a perfect casual yet flirty outfit.  A pair of platform sandals would look great too.  For night, just add a pair of heels or wedges, and you are ready for a fun dinner date.

I hope you enjoyed these tips for how to style 1970s denim and incorporate them into your own style.  Please leave a comment below and let me know how you style your retro denim!  Xoxo, Shelly






16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos dear! I love be here! in U.S. :) California is so perfect
    http://moje-kreacje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paulina, and I agree about Cali :)

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  2. Lovely outfits! I like all of your accessories :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely xoxox
    you make a great model

    itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, we don't know what they put in the food out in the midwest, but you are so beautiful. Definite inspo and you will be featured on our IG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article. The first outfit is my favourite. I love those bell bottom jeans.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these looks! Massive fan of denim at the moment, so both the skirt and the flares are my faves, wish I could pull them off as well as you! <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete