November 2, 2015

My Style: Feeling 22


"It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
And make fun of our exes, uh uh, uh uh.
It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight
To fall in love with strangers, uh uh, uh uh.

Yeah,
We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical.
Oh, yeah
Tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines
It's time

Uh oh!
I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22"

~Taylor Swift

The lyrics of Taylor's song are pretty much right on.  I turned 22 two weekends ago and two awesome friends came to visit me, explore Flagstaff, complete a photo shoot in the forest, and share many laughs along the way.  College life has its stresses with projects, exams, and reports, but it also has the benefit of meeting some sweet souls.  I'm feeling blessed at the young but older (possibly wiser) age of 22 :)  

Now onto fashion. . . we wanted a forest setting for a bohemian inspired, fall styling.  I adore anything designed and made by Others Follow, such as this lovely dress and corduroy jacket.  Add a hat, combat boots, over-the-knee socks, and a beautiful purse by T-Shirt & Jeans, and you've got an amazing outfit for a day with great friends.  The forests are magical this time of year.  Another good reason to put down the books and go play.

Xoxo, Shelly
















                 


6 comments:

  1. I love the photos and the outfit, you look amazing:)

    http://laurabret.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I hope you had a lovely birthday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nev, thank you and it was lovely :)

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  3. HI DEAR! Great photos, great look! :)
    I really like your blog! FOLLOW YOU! (also your fb & insta).
    Hope you follow me back ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the dress :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/ N/POST

    ReplyDelete