May 27, 2017

My Style: Pleasant Peasant & Summer Tips












Tips of how to make the most of your summer on a budget:

  1. Spend time with family - try to plan at least one family adventure whether it's to a nearby location or even in your hometown. My family and I are driving to Sedona to go hiking and sightseeing this weekend. Sedona is only 1.5 hours away, so it's close enough to be a day trip. No extra expense on a hotel is always nice! 
  2. Spend time with friends - make memories and take some pictures so you are able to remember all the fun things you did! Pick something to do with your friends, such as kayaking, hiking, biking, or going to see a summer movie block buster. Remember that carpooling to a national or state park saves money on parking passes and use your student ID at the movies for a discount or see a matinee. For nighttime fun, try a board game night or a potluck dinner and Pictionary. Check out this website on the 50 Best New Board Games. For a great evening outdoors, have friends bring guitars for singing and make S'Mores over a fire pit.
  3. Catch up on your favorite TV shows or binge watch new ones online using streaming services like Netflix or Hulu! It is summer; treat yourself to a day of relaxation and "couch potatoing." Some of my favorite shows lately have been Famous in Love (whole first season on Hulu), The Arrangement (Eonline), Young & Hungry (Freeform & Netflix), Modern Family (Hulu), and Love Sick (Netflix). Also, the Bachelorette just started airing Rachel's season and, if the first episode is any indication, it's going to be a very entertaining, crazy, and romantic season! 
  4. Take some of your free time to organize and clean. Organizing and cleaning can be a wonderful activity as you watch a sitcom (or listen to your fav music). The energy and silly story lines keep you entertained while motivated. If I'm feeling overly indulgent while watching a TV show or movie, I love to take my laptop or phone into my room or closet and start organizing. Currently, I have two big boxes of clothes and accessories ready to go. I always let my friends have first pick and then I like to donate the rest. I declutter my closet and my friends get new clothes--it's a win-win for everyone :)
  5. Get wet! Over the summer when the weather is the warmest, it's a wonderful time to visit the beach (if location and travel allow) or jump into a pool! My best friend has a pool and every summer we try to either float around sun bathing or swim like we are mermaids (don't tell her I told you.) If your best friend doesn't have a pool and you don't live near the beach, ask your friends about their neighborhood, community, and clubhouse pools and plan a day of swimming and chilling by the pool together.

These are my top 5 tips of how to make the most of your summer on a budget! I'd love to hear about your summer in the comments below. Xoxo, Shelly


12 comments:

  1. Love your outfit in this post. That top is so gorgeous!.

    Spending times with friend's is what I'd say a key to happiness in life, especially great for the summer when we have more time in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more about the time with friends! Thanks for sharing :)

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  2. After exploring a few of the articles on your site, I
    truly like your way of writing a blog. I added it to my bookmark webpage list and
    will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site too and tell
    me how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this article completely regarding the comparison of most recent and previous
    technologies, it's amazing article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't resist commenting. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your site.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I?m hoping to create my very own site and
    want to learn where you got this from or what the theme is called.

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with a basic Blogger template and customized the HTML to get the look I wanted. I also found https://xomisse.com/blog/ very helpful on how to edit Blogger HTML. :)

      Xoxo, Shelly

      Delete
  6. After going over a few of the articles on your site,
    I seriously appreciate your way of blogging. I added it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site as
    well and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on with this write-up, I really believe this site needs much more attention.
    I'll probably be back again to read more, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. I was checking constantly this weblog
    and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the
    ultimate section :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it
    up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This design is steller! You definitely know how to keep a reader
    entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost
    moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

    ReplyDelete