June 12, 2017

My Style: Day at the Resort











Recently, I traveled to Scottsdale with my family for a business conference. While they attended the conference, I enjoyed the resort--great gig, right? Although I was on my own for much of the time, I had a blast at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale. I always travel with my laptop for graphic design work and blogging, so I was able to watch Netflix in the air conditioned room when I wasn't working. I ordered food delivery since there wasn't a restaurant in walking distance besides the cocktail-attire resort one. FYI, the room service from said chichi eatery was delicious and worth the service charge. I relaxed by the pool for a bit (I burn, not tan, so a very brief bit) and then explored the resort, scouting for shooting locations. I found two beautiful fountains in separate courtyards each with their own pool. In the second courtyard, I also came upon a large checkers game being played by an adorable family. Later in the day when I came back to shoot, we lucked out with the board being available.

We stayed at this resort because of the conference. If you're visiting Arizona, here are my top picks to stay: the Enchantment Resort and Spa in Sedona, L'Auberge de Sedona Resort & Spa in Sedona, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in Scottsdale, The Phoenician in Scottsdale, The Westin La Paloma in Tucson, and the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson. Having lived my whole life in Arizona, I have stayed at these resorts and can, without a doubt, tell you they are marvelous.

After four years of hard work in college, graduating summa cum laude, I am trying to experience a truly fun, relaxing summer. I head to California at the end of August for a videography and graphic design internship. I am meditating in the calm before the storm. I am excited for my next chapter, but trying to live in the now. I would love to hear about how you relax and vacation in the summer in the comments below! Xoxo, Shelly


          

Other Posts You May Like:


No comments:

Post a Comment